Traverse City Cooperative Preschool is Seeking a Program Director/Teacher
Traverse City Cooperative Preschool (TCCP) is searching for a new program director/teacher after the retirement of our former leader. TCCP works under a cooperative model, we are owned and operated by the families that attend. This special model adds a community feeling to the preschool that is unlike any other early childhood education program in the area.
We are looking for a director/teacher that is excited to work with children AND their families to support children’s social, emotional, physical, cognitive and sociolinguistic development. Our director/teacher will be assisting children to be comfortable, secure, happy and involved in play, structured learning and other activities. They will also be planning and implementing instruction that adheres to TCCP goals and objectives. Our classroom is staffed not only by the director/teacher but assistant parents as well. Our children range in age from 3-5 years.
This is a full time position with competitive compensation based on qualification and experience. Experience in early childhood education is preferred.
Detailed Qualifications include:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have at least 2 semester hours or 3.0 CEUs in child care administration or have an administration credential approved by the department of education.
- One of the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in early childhood education or child development.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a child related field + 18 semester hours of coursework in Early Childhood Education or Child Development + 480 Hours of Experience.
- Associate’s degree or higher in early childhood education or child development + 18 semester hours of coursework in Early Childhood Education or Child Development + 480 Hours of Experience.
- Montessori credential + 18 semester hours of coursework in Early Childhood Education or Child Development + 960 Hours of Experience.
Please submit a letter of interest and an updated resume to the Traverse City Cooperative Preschool Board at TCCP.email@example.com